This course looks at the current practical issues facing accountants and remind attendees of changes they need to be aware of in the practical side of their work, including topping up National Insurance contributions, more news on the new forms for research and development tax relief and other practical issues.
In this course Rebecca Benneyworth discusses the following topics:
- National Insurance – advising clients how to check their record and voluntary Class 2 and Class 3 contributions.
- The Additional Information Form – more bad news
- Interest on late paid VAT – and how to advise about this; late payment penalties changing in January 2024
- Making Tax Digital – where are we?
- Marriage allowance claims – practical issues
During the last two years, this has become a 100% digital practice. She is Chair of the HMRC Digital Advisory Group, providing help and support to HMRC in understanding the challenges that Making Tax Digital presents to small businesses and their advisers.
She is also a member of the Admin Burdens Advisory Board, an independent advisory group to HMRC monitoring the burdens which the tax system imposes on businesses.