SSAS pensions have been described as the “Swiss Army Knife” of planning because they have so many features that bring a host of benefits to business owners.
In this course Terry Dunbar from SSASpro covers four key features that every accountant should be aware of when talking to their business owner clients.
He covers how a SSAS can help businesses and their owners by:
- Accepting contributions that are far more than an individual’s personal allowance and…. are an allowable expense for corporation tax in the year they are made.
- Buying, holding, or flipping commercial property and reduce tax at every stage of the process.
- Providing a commercially viable source of funding, where interest is paid back to the business owner instead of being diverted to a third party, and all without the multiple hoops and hurdles imposed by traditional lending.
- Creating a family trust which can be used as an effective estate planning tool to reduce IHT and make business continuity simple.
- Building a flexible retirement fund for the business owner to provide financial security for them and their family.
He has years of experience helping businesses and business owners optimise their business and retirement finances using SSAS pensions.
Terry is one of the few people in the country who is accredited to deliver CPD training on the mechanics and application of SSAS pensions.