As a firm owner what should your No.1 strategic objective be?
It has to be profitability.
Running a more profitable firm may not solve every problem but it does solve a lot of problems.
If you have a more profitable firm:
- It is better for your existing team - higher profits can be translated into higher salaries and less stress.
- It makes it easier to attract new talent – you will be able to offer a combination of salary and flexibility that competitors cannot offer.
- It is better for your clients - it creates the capacity for you and your team to serve them in a way that protects them and helps them build better businesses.
- It is better for your clients – you are walking the walk and leading by example.
- Even if none of those convince you that profitability should be your No. 1 Strategic objective – do it for yourself, do it for your family, do it for your future because you are worth it
In this course we look at the 5 biggest drivers of Profitability for accounting firms in 2024 and the steps you can take to drive profitability in your firm.
- Raising Prices and Getting Paid what you are really Worth;
- Transforming operations through Technology, Bots and Standardisation;
- Identifying and working with the Customers that are Right for you and your Business Model;
- Developing a clear Strategy and Business Model that will give you and your business what You really Want.
- Overcoming the current shortage of People and getting the best out of your Team;
- Making decisions and taking the first steps to get a better result in 2024.
Des is passionate about bringing innovation to the accountancy profession and enabling accountants to achieve what they want from their careers and business. His core belief is that when empowered to achieve their best, accountants can deliver transformative results for clients.
He holds qualifications from the ACCA Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, CPA Institute of Certified Public Accountants and ACIS Association of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.